Recent engineering graduates with 18 months of experience are eligible for the Subclass 476 visa. Subclass 476 visa is a points-based visa that is governed by Australia’s Point System. Applicants for this visa are selected based on their performance on the Australian Points Test. When calculating your scores, you are assessed on factors such as your age, your academic qualification, your work experience, your language abilities, and your capabilities.
Eligibility to get a subclass 476 visa
An applicant who might get a skilled-Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) if:
- Applicants must be under the age of 31.
- Completed an engineering program at a reputable institution within the last two years.
- A primary visa holder of subclass 476 or 485 is not present.
- Show your proficiency in English.
- Make sure you are healthy and have a good moral character.
- According to 476 applicants, you should stay for 18 months after receiving a visa. This category of visa allows you to travel, study, and work for 18 months. You will pay a total of AUD 405 for this visa.
Visa Processing Time
75 % of applications are processed within 17 months.
90% of applications are processed within 18 months.
Applicant Engineering qualifications
Two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the qualifications in engineering:
- Bachelor degree
- Master degree
- Doctoral degree
- Postgraduate diploma
The 476 visa is a temporary residency (TR) visa valid for 18 months, subject to conditions 8502 (must not enter before a certain person) and 8515 (must not marry before entering).
- Independent Migration: Yes.
- Employer Nomination: Not required.
- State/Territory Government Nomination: Not required.
- Family/Relative Sponsorship: Not required.
Pathway to Permanent Residence
The Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa is an 18-month temporary residence visa for overseas graduates to gain the work experience they need to apply for permanent residency in Australia. The Skilled Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 may qualify for other visas, including:
- Business Long Stay Subclass 457 – (Temporary Residence)
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS Visa – Medium Term)
- Skilled Independent Subclass 885 – (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled Sponsored Subclass 886 – (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 – (Three Year Provisional Visa)
- Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 856 – (Permanent Residence)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 857 – (Permanent Residence)
Some major sequence of study or specialization in English, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Mining and material engineering
- Environmental engineering
English language ability
Suppose you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland and have a valid passport from one of those countries. You do not need to submit the English language requirement for the visa process if that’s the case. Otherwise, you must provide a score from one of the English language tests listed below. A language test is required for visa applications. We at CDRWritingExpert can help you obtain a subclass 476 visa quickly.
About subclass 476 visa
Skilled-Recognized Graduate Visa (subclass 476) permits engineers who have completed an engineering degree at a recognized institution to work in occupations for 18 months. The Subclass 476 visa is a temporary visa, so your family must apply to join you in Australia once the visa has been granted.
What you can do with this visa
It allows you and your family to stay in Australia for 18 months during which you can travel, work, and study.
Recognized educational institutions
Under the Washington Accord, Engineering Qualification is recognized as a recognized institution, and any establishment with Engineering capability is considered a perceived foundation. A Washington Accord is an international agreement among organizations that accredit science credential programs. It acknowledges the wide equivalence of projects recognized by those bodies and proposes that alumni of projects licensed by any of those bodies should be considered to have met the scholarly requirements for the section of the act of construction for those bodies.
Other recognized institutions
Applicants engineering qualification must be from one of the following institutions:
- HUT, Helsinki
- University of Chile
- University of Concepcion
- Universidad Catolica del Norte Catholic University of Chile – Antofagasta
- Technical University of Berlin
- Technical University of Clausthal
- University of Hannover
- RWTH, Aachen
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Catholic University of Argentina
- Indian Institute of Science- Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Mines- Dhanbad
- Banaras Hindu University- Varanasi
- Anna University -Chennai
- AmirKabir University of Technology
- University of Tehran
- University of Miskolc
- People’s Republic of China
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Petroleum University
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
- China University of Mining and Technology- Beijing
- Guangzhou University
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Science and Technology- Beijing
- University of the Philippines
- Wroclaw University of Technology
- TU Kosice
- Lulea University of Technology
- University of Dar es Salaam
Why should you hire us?
CDRWritingExpert provides excellent engineering services from experienced engineers to ensure the competence assessment of EA. Providing CDRs at a competitive price with fast customer support and fast assistance is what we do. We also provide writing services such as Summary Statement Writing, CPD Lists, 3 Career Episode Writing, Proofreading, review of CDRs, and more. We have received 100% positive feedback from Engineering Australia.